5-Spiced Cod Croquettes
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 lb cod filets
Juice from 1 lime
1 cup almond flour or meal
2 tsp Chinese 5-spice
1-2 Tbsp finely diced scallion
1-2 Tbsp sesame oil
And here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Douse cod in lime juice, poach. (To poach, place in French skillet, cover in water, simmer for about 7 minutes.)
3. Flake cooked cod in a large bowl.
4. Mix almond meal, 5-spice, egg, scallions with the flaked fish. If mixture is dry, add a tablespoon or two of sesame oil.
5. Divide into 8ths, form into patties. Place on well oiled baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway.
Makes 8 croquettes, 4 servings.