Gluten-Free Au Jus
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 Tbs butter
Half of a small onion, or a quarter of a large onion, minced
4 cups beef broth, divided
1 tsp garlic powder
Splash of white wine (approx. a scant quarter cup)
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs cornstarch (or other GF starch – I used tapioca)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add minced onion and caramelize (about 15 minutes.)
- Add 3 cups beef broth, garlic powder, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and whisk thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup broth and starch to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to saucepan, whisking quickly. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. Liquid will thicken slightly.
- Strain, if you’d like to remove caramelized onion bits, or serve them up. Use as dip for roast beef sandwich.Enjoy.