“Everything But The Kitchen Sink” Oatmeal Cookies
OR “Clean Out The Pantry” Oatmeal Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup your favorite nut butter (I used sunflower seed butter)
1/2 c dark brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract*
1/2 cup GF oat flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill brand, or you could pulverize a heaping 1/2 cup GF oats in your food processor to make flour)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup GF rolled oats
1/2 chocolate chips
1/2 baker’s choice! Throw in any dried fruits/nuts you have in the pantry that need using up (I had about 1/4 cup each shredded coconut and raisins)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, nut butter, and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and extract.
- Measure oat flour, baking powder and soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Use a whisk or fork to combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing well.
- Stir in rolled oats, chocolate chips, and the other pantry items you want to eat in your cookies. Stir to combine.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes until the edges are browned.
*Because I was using shredded coconut in the cookies, I used coconut extract instead. Almond extract would be great as well!