First Day of Fall Pumpkin Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup arrowroot starch (or corn or tapioca starch)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup milk (I went with coconut milk)
And here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pit and chop dates. Place in a food processor and pulse until they form a paste. Add in your cup of pumpkin purée and spices and pulse until it all comes together. Set aside.
- Scoop flours and starch and baking soda and powder into a bowl. Whisk or fluff with a fork until they are evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine date and pumpkin mixture, butter, eggs. After they’ve come together, stir in milk. Slowly incorporate flour mixture, in about three portions.
- Grease a muffin pan, or line with paper liners. Scoop muffin mixture into the cups. Bake for about 25 minutes.