These are the GF products that I recommend and will shell out for, even though I have this crazy thought that I’ll someday be able to make them all myself.
You’ll notice, by the way, I don’t have a GF bread on this list – that’s because I’m not eating many grains these days, and haven’t found a bread that makes me wish otherwise.
- Food for Life Brown Rice Tortillas These are what I use instead of bread 🙂 They’re really only good when they’re warm, so I usually stick them in the microwave for 30 seconds in between two damp paper towels before consuming. (Trader Joe’s also sells these under their own TJ’s brand)
- WOW Cookies These are seriously the best cookies, GF or otherwise, and they’re also local to me – their offices are pretty much kitty corner to where I work! My favorites are the ginger molasses or oatmeal.
- San-J Wheat-free Tamari Truth be told, I haven’t personally taste-tested very many different GF soy sauces, but only because I like this one so well. And the good thing about the exclusion of wheat from it’s ingredients is that it’s thicker, richer, and saltier than that other stuff.
- Almond Flour You may have read up elsewhere on the internet about the benefits of almond flour – it’s high in monounsaturated fat, relatively high in protein, low in carbohydrates, etc. It’s also really tasty, and I love the texture of it – dense and a little chewy.
- Bobs Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix I buy this stuff in bulk from Amazon because Joel and I like it so well! The trick seems to be to make as thin a pizza crust as you can, as it’s better when it’s a little crispy. Also, I have successfully made it vegan with “flax eggs” when I was out of eggs that the instructions call for.
Kettle Foods Almond Butter My absolute favorite almond butter.Sadly, this product was discontinued in 2012.
I’ve also got recommendations as far as non-dairy ice cream, but that deserves it’s own post, and for that, readers, you’re going to have to wait until tomorrow!