Politics have no place on my blog. But, no matter your views on the Occupy Wall Street movement, you’ve got to admit there’s been some great parody. My favorite was Joel’s recent facebook update:
“Time to get up. I’m gonna #OccupyMyKitchen then #OccupyAStarbucks. Maybe later I’ll #OccupyMyTimeWithVideoGames”
And I’m taking advantage of this opportunity to share what’s #Occupy(ing)MyFridge. Just to warn you – I usually do my grocery shopping over the weekend so it’s looking a little sparse right now.
On the top shelf:
- 2 dozen eggs. Actually, there are only 8 left. It’s not uncommon for me and Joel to go through 2 dozen eggs in a week, so I stocked up last time I shopped.
- Half a lemon
- Half and half
- Farmer’s market apples
On the middle shelf:
- A lone artichoke
- Some leftover tomato sauce – spaghetti sauce? Pizza sauce? Don’t remember.
- Leftover roasted beets
- Pico de gallo. It’s been there for about a week, I should finish that off today.
- Sandwich meat
- Joel’s sour cream and salsa.
- My stash of GF flours – right now, I have almond, coconut, chestnut, and teff.
On the bottom shelf:
- His & Hers bacon. Yes, we have to have separate bacon, otherwise we will fight over it.
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken meatballs
- Water pitcher
- Whole milk yogurt. I’m experimenting with dairy (again).
- You can’t see them in this picture, but tucked back in the corner is my stash of sauerkraut, picked carrots, miso, and pickle chips.
And in the crisper drawers right now are carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and some bagged romaine.
And in the door is Kerrygold butter, goat cheese, more salsa, mayonnaise, GF soy sauce, an assortment of salad dressings and maple syrup (yes, we have to have separate syrups, too), non-dairy milks, raw nuts, PB&J (those are Joel’s), ketchup.
So, readers, what’s #occupyingyourfridges?
katie @KatieDid says
chestnut flour?! please share a recipe, I’m very curious about that! I love taking a peek in people’s fridges… ours are very similar!
I bought my chestnut flour online from here: http://www.chestnutsonline.com/acforder-shoppingcart.htm
To be honest, I haven’t had a lot of success with it, but when I do, I promise I’ll share!
Emmy (Wine and Butter) says
We just did a shop so there is a lot occupying our fridge… including (most excitingly!) a lasagne we pre-prepped this weekend, as well as what Louis considers a truly alarming amount of celery and carrots. I love that you separate bacon. Louis and I have to do that with ice cream (mainly cos me, not him)
Lasagna does sound good! I’m thinking I might have to make one pretty soon here! Also, I’m not sure what Louis means, is there even such a thing as too much carrots/celery?! 😉
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance says
We buy the same half-n-half, and have the same Brita filter! 😀
Too funny – I love my Brita filter, I’ve had it forever!
This is hilarious! I love the parodies. His and her bacon? You two are adorable.
Kerrygold butter is always in my fridge. Coconut milk, dark chocolate almond milk, brussels sprouts, butternut squash and gluten-free donuts!
Thanks, Amanda! The separate bacon was necessary for the good of our relationship 😉
And I haven’t seen or even heard of dark chocolate almond milk – how is it and where can I find some?!